Tuesday, February 20

School Dinners

Rather fantastically, Olivia's school are having a family week where you can go an have school dinner with your child. Brilliant. Obviously, having absolutely no idea if she eats everything or nothing at dinner time, we jumped at the chance.

We decided on a pincer movement with me going today and Caryn going on Friday. So there I was at midday in a little person's chair, at a little person's table, waiting for Olive. I love seeing her in school, it's like a whole different child. I guess it's because this is her world - we only know what goes on if she decides to tell us. It's a really nice thing.

Anyway, on the menu today was pork loin (not lion as previously reported, thanks Ben), mashed potato, carrots, peas and gravy with jam sponge and custard for pudding. To my amazement Olive polished off the lot except the peas. And then tucked into the sponge. The dinnerladies - who were all brilliant - say that despite being super slow, she always eats that well! Blimey eh? Full of suprises our daughter.

1 comment:

Ben said...

I'd like Pork Lion too, though...
Mmmm.