Wednesday, December 20

A visit to the big city

I appreciate that I'm slacking on the posting front, but hey, it's Christmas - goodwill to people who sit in front of computers all day and all that.

Anyway, ventured into the big city this afternoon and it was brass monkey cold which made it feel all rather festive. Did a bit of final pressie shopping (half an hour or so without the kids in Hawkins Bazaar does a grown man the world of good), had a cup of coffee, got some new books for the children from the library and watched the ice skaters with Olive.

Lovely.

Random thought of the day. A normal, ordinary cup of white coffee, no froth, sprinkles or anything cost £1.70. And we had a biscuit with Smarties on it for £1.20. I'm thinking about buying one of those mobile coffee shop things, baking some nice biscuits and making a fortune. Would it work? Depends on where you sell I guess. I'm going to do the maths first. I am. I know, too much time on my hands. Well, it is Christmas.

No comments: