Friday, June 8

Two Fat boys and make 'em snappy


At the risk of becoming a camping bore, this week we (when I say we, I just mean me) have been obsessing about the sleep deprivation problem encountered last weekend on our inaugural trip.

I asked around and it seems self-inflating mattresses (you open a valve and the mats suck the air in, like voodoo) are the way to go. There was also the suggestion that perhaps not enough wine was being drunk before bed, which is a fair point.

So, when me and Lukey were in Big Town this week we popped into Millets to try out said mats. And flipping heck, they were amazing, except for the price tag - around £70 for a decent one. A quick rummage round google and I found the amazing alpkit.com who served up a pair of their Fats direct to our door in 24 hours for £65. Great service and a lovely site. Some very tempting bits and bobs on there.

So, sleep here we come. Shame it's chucking it down or I'd have had the tent up in the garden to try them out.

No comments: