Tuesday, November 28

Poppa John's

Took Lukey for his first paid-for haircut today. There's a great place in the town called Poppa John's, it's like a proper old barber's shop, but a bit posher. I'm happy to report they still have those chairs they put across the arms... only posher, natch. I really like proper barbers. My brother always claimed my aim in life was to get the shortest haircut by the oldest man for the least amount of money.

Went to Poppa John's for the first time a while back as they were offering a free shave... always fancied having a proper shave, old school, but was chicken. I think that after 25 years of shaving face, it was high time someone else got to have a go. Poppa John sends his staff here for training. Looks like my sort of place.

The shave was great, nothing like I expected. Felt much relaxed after all the hot towels, I could have had a sleep in the chair. Now that would be a service - a little sideroom for shaves and after you're done they turn the light off for half and hour.

Anyway, Luke. He sat there good as gold with his best grumpy face on and got a lolly afterwards for his trouble so no complaints from him. We will be going again.

No comments: