Monday, April 2

Bit like a camper van - no wheels, not £4,000


I do wonder how many people actually read this stuff aside from Ben, Rob and my little sis. Hello all three of you. I know the wife, who does live here normally, likes to have a look to see what's going on in my head, but has she looked while she's away? Let's see.

I saw this ad in the paper the other day and thought why not? I'd tucked £100 away which I was hoping to spend on a Topfield PVR5800 (sigh), but now that is going to have to wait because we're going camping... oh yes. Oh. Yes.

We're always going on about buying a camper, but face it, it's never going to happen is it? It's one of those things that seems like a great idea. The reality is that a standard rusting bucket is going cost in excess of £4,000, and a slightly rusting bucket about £6,000.

So I've bought a tent for £100. It's the new rock and roll. It is. And it's almost the same thing as a camper van except we've got a car to get us to wherever we want to go. And when we're there we can sleep in the outside. And I've even got a kettle. A kettle.

Now, no more talk of camper vans.

No comments: