Monday, April 9

Where to start?


Where does time go? I've not posted since last Wednesday! I find it hard to fathom sometimes. We have been extremely busy though - I finished off recycling the decking and it's made a big and quite wonderful difference to the garden.

It's a great place to be, especially as we can actually hang the hammock Jago brought back from Thailand for us about a million years ago. Despite living in four houses since we left London not one has provided us with suitable place for a hammock. Honestly.

We also cooked outside on the fire three days in a row - a brai as it is called in South African world. I have of course studied under a charcoal grandmaster - the father-in-law - who I'm sure would be proud that I lit a fire to cook six sausages. Don't really need much of an excuse to cook sausages outside slugging on a cold beer.

We've done the obligatory outing to Wroxham Barns for the fun fair and the fantastic junior farm to feed the lambs and the donkey, and the ponies, and the cow and sheep and when the food is finished you feed the paper bag to the goat. Hilarious. You kind of have to be there.

My favourites are the huge pigs, once of which is 'visiting her boyfriend' in the hope she'll have piglets in the summer. We will be there like a shot when they're born - piglets are much cuter than lambs... which reminds me that on Saturday we had both sausages and lamb chops on the brai. Hm.

No comments: