Sunday, April 1

Wifey, take a look at this...

A picture that probably won't mean anything to anyone other the wife, but she's not here to see it and would probably like to. See, what am I doing while left alone? Drinking myself insensible and undertaking general misbehavior? Erm, nope.

I am dismantling decking and moving down the garden so we can use the hard standing underneath to park the car on and the decking to sit on in the summer.

I wish I was handier with this sort of stuff than I am. Trying work out how on earth I do DIY stuff makes my head hurt, as a result it's always a slooooooow process. The only way I could figure that the decking could be moved was by dismantling it. Not as easy as you'd think, natch.

Out came the screws, one at a time - there were almost 300 of them, many so rusted that I had to set to 'em with my new favourite tool - the crowbar... and now all I've got to do rebuild the deck at the other end of the garden.

I am also ahead of myself for once and bought some new non-rusting screws. Organised or what?

No comments: